Pusha T working on another Kanye West produced album

• Its gonna be another forgettable Pusha album unless he disses Drake on it.

• @ECHLN said in Pusha T working on another Kanye West produced album:

Its gonna be another forgettable Pusha album unless he disses Drake on it.

Uhh...grammy nominated and number 1 on most of the best hip hop albums of 2018 lists...not forgettable my dude

• @darrenlaking said in Pusha T working on another Kanye West produced album:

@ECHLN said in Pusha T working on another Kanye West produced album:

Its gonna be another forgettable Pusha album unless he disses Drake on it.

Uhh...grammy nominated and number 1 on most of the best hip hop albums of 2018 lists...not forgettable my dude

Lmfao exactly what I was about to write. In fact this is probably one of the most timeless albums created in the last decade

• @darrenlaking @Jesse

I don’t think you guys read @ECHLN’s post.

Daytona was full of drake shade - Therefore it was not forgettable

I don’t agree with @ECHLN I think Daytona was amazing with or without Drake disses but what he’s saying is valid. The drake beef did give it that mainstream push

• I just want some Push x Pharrell/Neptunes again sigh.... even just one song

• As much as I want neptunes x pusha at least he's getting kanye beats and not some of those annoying ass trap beats that were on the pre Daytona albums

• @Hunter said in Pusha T working on another Kanye West produced album:

I just want some Push x Pharrell/Neptunes again sigh.... even just one song

I think thats what we all want tho. long as Ye is truly tapped in, I don’t mind another project from the two. He loooves Pusha/clipse he always digs deep for anything concerning them.

Also Kanye seems to be in a fresh space where he’s freaking old techniques that are unique to him, instead of following the sound of whats poppin now. He’s mixing it up, that gives me plenty hope.

• Exactly, I don’t like when the music feels like he’s got one foot in one foot out. I understand he has a bunch going on, but you can tell when Kanye's locked in or not

• Pharrells sweater:
    "Kanye needs to be born again" lol

Atleast Kanye makes good music

• Staff

I hope Push doesn’t ever do an album with The Neptunes. I like that his solo stuff has its own distinct feel and sound (as much as I love snitch and suicide).

• @Mavis i dont see how anything he could make now would sound like some clipse shit, if thats what you meant by his solo stuff being distinct, considering the last time the neptunes did anything with clipse was in 2009, which i think we can agree was a fully different time period for neptunes beats in comparison to 2019 (full 10 years later wow). what im trying to say is from here on its gonna be distinct regardless. i cant tell if im being articulate cus im tired but well see tomorrow when i read this back.

• I don’t think P has it in him to make beats suitable for Pusha. Pusha is smart so he knows this and chooses Kanye produced albums. They’ve had several studio sessions over the last 6-7 years. And none of those sessions have produced anything worth releasing.

Every beat on Daytona sounded “hard”. Like push said it was “pull up and park” music. Even the more subdued tracks on that album hit you in the chest.

When’s the last time P made a “hard” track like that??? Outside of Alright by Kendrick, honestly probably 15 years ago. He either makes soft conscious ballad rap or upbeat, uptempo rap. TIL the Casket Drops had like fruity, synth rap songs on it. Such a weird follow up to Hell Hath.

Snitch is kinda hard but I don’t know anyone who even acknowledged that song when MNIMN dropped - so it definitely wasn’t enough to make any waves.

So for Pusha’s sake I think he should stick with Kanye production.

• I agree with @Mavis , Pusha has found a certain sound with Ye over the past 5 years that suits him perfectly and defines his brand as a solo artist. when Kanye first started pushing that sound with him, at the time I kind of felt like it was a bit of an imitation of the HHNF beats like ride around shinin and keys open doors, but imo they’ve really perfected it. On the downside, it limits Pusha’s ability to develop as an artist, but I don’t think that’s his priority, and we end up getting the strongest version of him

• i def agree that Pusha in conjunction with Ye has made fire, im 100% a fan. But i liked him over the shitty synth raps on Casket. "im good" is sick to me. i liked "S.N.I.T.C.H" off MNIMN. so for selfish reasons I just want more shit with P. if that 5 kanye songs 5 neptunes songs project releases im sure its some shit on there ill like. i hope.

• I want Pusha to get with Just Blaze so we can see how that sounds. He's already done incredible stuff with The Neptunes, Swizz, Timbaland, & Kanye.

• I would like him to go with madlib

• @sandow said in Pusha T working on another Kanye West produced album:

I would like him to go with madlib

!!!!

• You guys really are living in 2003 with these producers you’re naming.

I hope to god Pusha doesn’t date himself by hopping on beats from producers of a long gone era just for nostalgia sake.

• Staff

@Playahater said in Pusha T working on another Kanye West produced album:

You guys really are living in 2003 with these producers you’re naming.

I hope to god Pusha doesn’t date himself by hopping on beats from producers of a long gone era just for nostalgia sake.

Yeah hiphop producers are dead. Push needs someone with a fresh sound. I think Ye works b/c he’s influenced by so much current stuff. Same with P. But then all the other “old” producers seem to have lost their way. I’m not sure who Pusha should work with but I def don’t want to hear him going backwards

• @Playahater said in Pusha T working on another Kanye West produced album:

You guys really are living in 2003 with these producers you’re naming.

I as a guy still in my 20s don’t wanna hear Pusha trying to sound current. Push is in his 40s, nothing would date him more than working with somebody like Metro, or Pierre Bourne. That’s actually why I think the quality of Kanye’s stuff dropped off so hard on certain albums, trying way too hard to sound cool to kids.

Looks like your connection to Pusha T working on another Kanye West produced album was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.