Pharrell & Adidas Collaboration

• Mari said:

busy said:

Mari said:

busy said:

The Human Race thing is retarded, filled with good intentions sure but retarded nonetheless

Care to explain why do you think that?

Sure. First off, aesthetically the spacing of RACE looks off but that's just me.

Then, I guess the message behind it (I don't know if P talked about the message of this project so I'm taking a wild guess) is that no matter what color or genre you are, we're all from the same race and we should unite and remind ourselves or this fact. But to me, just putting HUMAN RACE on a $240 shoe is pointless hence my first post.

Ah, gotcha. As for the $240 price tag, yeah its a bit steep. Besides the obvious profit motive, do you think it price produce some sort of hype from exclusivity?

Oh yeah for sure. Can't buy a shoe attached to a big name and price it for cheap. Same goes for the Yeezy line.

• "Just as long as you and I have the same thing in our veins, you and I, are both the same"

• Those 5 colorways are supposed to drop next month

alt text

alt text

alt text

• Staff

Whoa I'm def coping the Japanese human race back pack with the spots

• i want some ultra boost but they expensive af imo

• Admin

man everything japanese ->

• Price on these isn't justified at all when you take into consideration they're just altered NMD's

• Staff

Pushamalicious-T said:

Price on these isn't justified at all when you take into consideration they're just altered NMD's

But they are limited edition so the price goes up. Supply and demand.

• Admin

nerd0016 said:

oh dear, i absolutely love this

• Who will try to buy ?? I want the black or red ones

• I'm going for the green one

• Hope he's gonna give some of the proceedings to the native americans tbh

• Admin

busy said:

Hope he's gonna give some of the proceedings to the native americans tbh

Why? if proceedings are given to anything, it should be something that isn't exclusive to any particular group. That would defeat the entire point of the video and idea behind the whole brand/movement.

• busy said:

Why? if proceedings are given to anything, it should be something that isn't exclusive to any particular group. That would defeat the entire point of the video and idea behind the whole brand/movement.

@mari To that point I thought it was strange to focus on one group of people in the main promo. There were def other ways could have done this (but would have cost way more to, for example, shoot in 4 or 5 location around the world to give it that global feel). I kind of get it in essence, and love the aesthetic (and definitely want some of those clothes), but wierd to make the vid so narrow for a concept so broad

• Mari said:

busy said:

Ain't he using this particular group and its history and culture to market this products ? Idk, genuinely asking. It'd be fair in my eyes shrugs

• Admin

superjdoug said:

busy said:

@mari To that point I thought it was strange to focus on one group of people in the main promo. There were def other ways could have done this (but would have cost way more to, for example, shoot in 4 or 5 location around the world to give it that global feel). I kind of get it in essence, and love the aesthetic (and definitely want some of those clothes), but wierd to make the vid so narrow for a concept so broad

Well I don't know if this one video is the beginning of a series of videos or not, so I can't comment on this single video being narrow or not. But from my perspective, the indigenous peoples of america was a good start for the simple fact that is shows a group of people who has faced every attempt to snuff out their culture, but yet pick up the pieces and still remain true to their roots despite it. It's a story of triumph against overwhelming odds, that the human sprit can still triumph even when faced with overwhelming odds.

Second, I think the display of indigenous peoples was wise, at the core of every human being there's some sort of indigenous narrative. To co-exist with nature rather than attempt to conquer it, the beginning of coming to terms about what it means to be human; to understand our place in nature. Not necessarily go back to the ingenious ways, but rather begin something new, a synthesis of technology with respect to nature, that the two can certainly co-exist.

• any idea where to get the Supercolors? I feel like I've seen ads for it for 2 years but haven't seen anywhere that sells them

• In all honesty, I doubt Pharrell/Adidas is going to contribute anything to us besides using the culture for promotion. I don't know if any of you guys know but there is this whole protest that is still going on with the Dakota Access Pipeline, and this is kind of using a cause to promote, especially when the the protest isn't getting much publicity. I think it's good timing to use a video like that to draw attention to Native Americans but it's about promotion in the end. I like the aesthetics but overall I doubt any contributions are made besides some free gear to the tribe. Kind of sucks when the gear is high end and limited haha!

• Admin

DDRiot said:

In all honesty, I doubt Pharrell/Adidas is going to contribute anything to us besides using the culture for promotion. I don't know if any of you guys know but there is this whole protest that is still going on with the Dakota Access Pipeline, and this is kind of using a cause to promote, especially when the the protest isn't getting much publicity. I think it's good timing to use a video like that to draw attention to Native Americans but it's about promotion in the end. I like the aesthetics but overall I doubt any contributions are made besides some free gear to the tribe. Kind of sucks when the gear is high end and limited haha!

He did tho, he posted it on his instagram about it. It's how I found about the anti- Dakota Access Pipeline campaign.

Looks like your connection to Pharrell & Adidas Collaboration was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.