What Makes Pharrell Great?

• What Makes Pharrell "Great" in your honest opinion?

Screen-Shot-2012-06-12-at-20.15.24.png

Having some1 like P in my life gives me something to live up to ..uno.. like a higher standard. So I always point towards him in my music carreer. To me it really works to get something done. No homo, but P is my model of aspiration. This thread is there to motivate us more, so we can expand our rhythm and success in making music. The forum is a bit dry atm anyway, so please tell me what makes Pharrell great iyho?

• His style & sound. Song writing ability. Soulful and funky shit. He's come so far, makes you proud to be a Neps fan for so long hah.

• Just the natural approach of creating your own path in life, being yourself, keep doing something and getting good at it.

• What I love about P and The Neptunes musically is that they didn't put bounderies on anything. They could go from pop to hardcore rap in a heartbeat. I think versatility is the greatest thing ever, you can do so much more when you don't limit yourself.

• Dem bridges

• He is easily relatable to kids who are a little different. A little against the grain. And he and chad make some of the best bridges of all time.

• been inspired by what doesn't exist

• for me it def was the influence that nerd had at a point in my life where i was struggling with conforming with typical middle school kids shit rather than being myself. i connected so deep with ISO that i got to a point where i was just like fuck yall i'ma be the weirdo that i am and i'm cool with that.. p just inspired me to do whatever the fuck i want to do and how i want to do it... and i've lived by that ever since.

• I think its his quirky, honest style. He stays very true to who he is musically and he isn't afraid to not sound like anyone else. That to me makes him great to me, and the fact that he loves music and is a student always learning. In the early days it was them trying new things and now its trying to recreate the sounds of old in the face of an age where everything is aggressive and trap infused. It takes a lot of discipline to not fall into the gimmicks and trends.
    And just being cool as fuck is what makes pharrell great to me.

• Open-mindness.

• his unique way of owning stuff, whether it's something obscure or well known. It's really cool how egoless he's remained throughout the highs and lows of shit. That makes him great.

• Staff

Chad Hugo

• His diversity, that's why I love everything he does so much, he makes it look so easy to be able to make essentially any type of music he wants too. If you've ever tried to make music then you know how hard it is to seamlessly weave in and out of different genre's and styles at will yet he makes it look like nothing.

• his greatness is intangible, but that also means it is not constant and can fluctuate

• I think it's the fact that he's a legit fan of awesome shit just like all of us, it not only makes him relatable, but also great to listen to, and aspire to be like.

• @busy said:

What I love about P and The Neptunes musically is that they didn't put bounderies on anything. They could go from pop to hardcore rap in a heartbeat. I think versatility is the greatest thing ever, you can do so much more when you don't limit yourself.

• i like cheese

• CHORDS CHORDS CHORDS!

• This post is deleted!

• Everything.

• People like to belong to something they feel is bigger than themselves and P speaks in a way to make people believe he is doing life enlightening things.

Looks like your connection to What Makes Pharrell Great? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.