N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017)

• I'm just happy that this album was released before my trip back to Brazil (after 2 years far from home). It was kinda the soundtrack for all the flights I got (total 6, cause I went to different destinations in Brazil). Now all the songs got a smell, a vision, a taste and other things of the cities I've been.
    For example, everytime the plane was about to fly, I've played Deep Down Body Thurst, and now the song already got a video in my mind. The song flies in my mind. I see clouds. I see big cities in the size of a plane window.
    Rollinem 7's takes me to all the running inside the airport from the flight connections that I had to take or waiting for my bag to arrive.
    LFMP now reminds me that I, my woman and 2 other friends saw the first sunrise of the year in Rio de Janeiro. It was beautiful, man.

Thanks for the music, NER*D.

alt text

• You guys will change your mind about this album in time :)

• @Rafito That's so dope, man. It does the same for me. I've connected with this album more than the others.

• Does anybody know if Chad, Shay and Pharrell share the Profit of NERD equally?

• @Skletch maybe I just got lucky that the album made this travel with me lol :)

• @René Prob not. Specially cause P is the producer. Shae for example is credited on what? nothing, right?

• Staff

@Rafito said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

@René Prob not. Specially cause P is the producer. Shae for example is credited on what? nothing, right?

The thing with Shae is that he may not ever appear in the writing credits (except one song) but he really plays a big hand in shaping the albums and directing P & Chad. Though having said that, this is probably the first album where he didn’t do that.

• SS
    ISO
    FOD
    Nothing
    No_oneERD

The gap between FOD and Nothing is colossal

After a month and repeated listens this is my ranking, in order of quality and replay ability

How do you rank the albums.

• @Playahater said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

SS
    ISO
    FOD
    Nothing
    No_oneERD

After a month and repeated listens this is my ranking, in order of quality and replay ability

I got:
    FOD
    SS
    ISO
    No_one
    Nothing.

• @Playahater
    NERD
    SS
    ISO
    FOD
    Nothing

SS and NERD are tied somewhat. I like every song on NERD but SS is mixed better. Although I don't like every song on SS, the songs I do are fucking amazing. NERD, all songs are great. Pretty much all equal in a certain way. All the songs their have their day.

SS
    ISO
    FOD
    No_one
    Nothing

I wasn't expecting them to top their first 3 albums so im happy its better than Nothing

• ISO
    FOD/SS I can't pick one over the other. I've tried!!
    N.E.R.D
    Nothing

• Staff

@Playahater said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

SS
    ISO
    FOD
    Nothing
    No_oneERD

ISO
    FoD
    NERD
    SS
    Nothing

I really don’t like seeing sounds that much. It sounds like a Pharrell album to me. Even more so than No_one. The band lost their personality on SS (imo)
    I actually rate the new album because lyrically it’s really interesting to me and the few good songs are way more imaginative than the songs I like on Nothing and SS.

• ISO
    FOD

NERD

SS

Nothing

• @Mavis SS was prime NERD to me. The whole album roll out. With GITD, the Fader SXSW, Pharrell’s crazy dancing, the overall energy. I think that was NERD’s only summer album and it was executed so perfectly. The only song that I didn’t like from it was Killjoy. There wasn’t much cheesy writing, and the production had the perfect amount of rambunctiousness. Buckets everywhere. The whole album sounded cartoony to me in a way. Can’t explain it

@ECHLN how you put N_ERD over ISO and SS is just insane to me 😵

• Staff

@Playahater said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

@Mavis SS was prime NERD to me. The whole album roll out. With GITD, the Fader SXSW, Pharrell’s crazy dancing, the overall energy. I think that was NERD’s only summer album and it was executed so perfectly. The only song that I didn’t like from it was Killjoy. There wasn’t much cheesy writing, and the production had the perfect amount of rambunctiousness. Buckets everywhere. The whole album sounded cartoony to me in a way. Can’t explain it

@ECHLN how you put N_ERD over ISO and SS is just insane to me 😵

Cool I hear what you’re saying but I didn’t get into NERD for buckets and generic lyrics so for me it was a big no. I liked when they sounded like a real band and had that psychedelic edge to them with all these crazy synths and effects. A lot of the musicianship went out the window after Fly Or Die (not saying the stuff was bad after, but it definitely wasn’t as intricate or imaginative).

Like, if you compare Rock Star and Spaz, there’s really no comparison to which song has the most feeling. And I’d say they’re equal equivalents in terms to what the band were trying to achieve

PS FoD was a summer album. Dropped March 22nd, second single in May. Then the album really took off around June/July/August when they did a bunch of festivals and shows (here at least).

• @Playahater because I like all songs but 1 on NERD and I like all songs but 2 on SS. That's how I ranked them.

SS
    ISO
    FOD
    Nothing
    No_oneERD

No_one Ever Really Dies
    Fly or Die
    Seeing Sounds
    Nothing
    In Search Of...

• FOD
    ISO
    SS
    _NERD
    SPONGEBOB SOUNDTRACK
    NOTHING

My rankings for real. FOD is the perfect N.E.R.D album for me, just edges out ISO (both versions, i think i like the UK version as an album better but the US release sounds better overall)

• ISO
    FOD
    Spongebob
    NERD
    NOTHING
    SS

Looks like your connection to N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.