N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017)

• @bigmac2098 said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

@Pushamalicious-T said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

Should we expect a tour anymore?

I expect them to go the OutKast route and do a bunch of festival dates because of their schedules. They are already announced for Governors Ball in NYC.

I guess I was right. It just seemed more convenient and instead of being an opening act they can be co-headliners and reach a bigger audience this way.

• alt textalt textalt text

moar.

• Staff

@essntl cool that Chad is using the Chad Hugo white custom Moog Slim Phatty that he and orbital did some presets for.

That thing kind of flew under the radar when it was released

• The girlfriend got me tickets to Love box in July.

AND I'm fascinated to see what the set list would be. I'm hoping for a up tempo set!!

GRINDIN FAM what throwback tracks would you like to see pop up in a 2018 NER*D set (can't believe it's 10 years since I last saw them hit the stage)

I want them to drop true classics like

TRUTH OR DARE
    BRAIN
    THRASHER
    SPAZZ
    ANTI MATTER
    EVERYONE NOSE (remix imaagiiine 😍)

I'm being spoilt now but even chuck in laser gun and maybe a 7 minute jam of everyone's a star like they did at that roots festival.

• @ldnproductions said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

The girlfriend got me tickets to Love box in July.

AND I'm fascinated to see what the set list would be. I'm hoping for a up tempo set!!

GRINDIN FAM what throwback tracks would you like to see pop up in a 2018 NER*D set (can't believe it's 10 years since I last saw them hit the stage)

I want them to drop true classics like

TRUTH OR DARE
    BRAIN
    THRASHER
    SPAZZ
    ANTI MATTER
    EVERYONE NOSE (remix imaagiiine 😍)

I'm being spoilt now but even chuck in laser gun and maybe a 7 minute jam of everyone's a star like they did at that roots festival.

Two years ago when they did Anti Matter + Everyone Nose Remix + Bobby James/ Run to The Sun/ Provider I was on another planet. I just can't WAIT to see a full N.E.R.D show again (the last "real" one I saw was in 2010).

• dead ass ill go to every show if its not gonna be filled with the dancers and stuff

• i just want to see "run to the sun" and "am i high" live. just one time....

• @Mavis said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

@essntl cool that Chad is using the Chad Hugo white custom Moog Slim Phatty that he and orbital did some presets for.

That thing kind of flew under the radar when it was released

Tape You
    She Wants To Move
    Run To The Sun
    Spaz
    Provider

If I could see them perform these in one set...

• Staff

@Andre yup that’s what I’m talking about

I have two dream setlists.

Hype NERD show i’d want:

Preservation
    Fly Or Die
    Jump
    ESP
    Everyone Nose
    Spaz
    Kites
    Locked Away
    Don’t don’t do it
    Kill Joy
    Rockstar
    Lapdance

• Staff

Chilled spaced out NERD show i’d want

Life as a fish
    Sandy Squirrel
    Lightning Fire Magic Prayer
    Wonderful Place
    I’ve Seen The Light/Inside Of Clouds
    The Way She Dances
    Tape You
    U Know What
    Breakout
    Maybe
    Sooner Or Later
    Find My Way
    Love Bomb

• @Mavis said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

Preservation

Upvote simply because Preservation is the intro track!

The '04 concerts i went to, they came out to this.....dope!

• @Andre

Pff Armstrong Arp is just pfff...... millions in there

• Staff

@CDW said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

@Mavis said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

Preservation

Upvote simply because Preservation is the intro track!

The '04 concerts i went to, they came out to this.....dope!

Yeah same! Fly or Die tour was amazing, my favourite era from them.

• Admin

@Andrew said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

gah dayum brah give us the full thing

• whoa, didn't really expect that you will like it (thank you!!).. the thing is that i got troubles with my PC, i don't have that track in complete session. i wish i could make it happen but i need a couple grands ~$~ gotta get that new mac and i'll reprogram that shit again lol like many more other shit, and unfortunately that is not a quick deal :D so i guess this will be no longer interesting by the time ill fix my troubles! :D

oh and
    sorry for interrupting the thread (in case someone is annoyed with this attention to that snippet i've posted in n.e.r.d. thread :P)

• @Andrew Keep going man! I know stuff can be pricey, it sucks , but you've got the important stuff inside of you -- keep the flame alive.

• @Andrew said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

whoa, didn't really expect that you will like it (thank you!!).. the thing is that i got troubles with my PC, i don't have that track in complete session. i wish i could make it happen but i need a couple grands ~$~ gotta get that new mac and i'll reprogram that shit again lol like many more other shit, and unfortunately that is not a quick deal :D so i guess this will be no longer interesting by the time ill fix my troubles! :D

oh and
    sorry for interrupting the thread (in case someone is annoyed with this attention to that snippet i've posted in n.e.r.d. thread :P)

Do what you have to do with what you have, you will be amazed at how far you can push things

• @lord_willin & @matic_touch

@lord_willin & @matic_touch

Thank you!

maths is important thing when you program your sounds and patterns with each other.. thats what ive realized not really long ago!!

i'm not a musician and i didn't study music (unfortunately.. though i'm too lazy for that... never mind) :D

because with the help of maths it becomes understandable how to build up this structures and complicated progressions on your sequencers like what i/we love about the neptunes!! at the same fucking time it becomes easy as hell, but you need to realize how do they do that first!!

What i really like about tunes, is the way they decide when to put in some stuff in the structure and when to take it out) Kinda playing with you if you can catch them

Thats huge Chads impact i guess, but when it comes to the melodies. Pharrell, i guess, is the same but in percussions and some other stuff that has a certain rythmic structure.

besides this, 'tunes are really more complexed and far more looking forward deeply at the whole concept when painting their strict pictures than any othe producer in the world by far, and thats crazy!! Thats crazy,

cuz they bring psychology into melodies!! and thats everything!!

The only thing they have to deal with is lazyness in context of programming complete melodies over their 16 bars or 8 bars (but thanks to the god that happens not that often) to give you an example > "Goodfoot" beat.
    really great sounds but the structure and progressions are so fucking short so i can hear an 8 bar loop all the way the song goes.. i kinda get tired of that.. to an average listener who never used a music programs and sequencers it just sounds boaring..

But when it comes to the beats like "Kites" for example >> that three tempo structure changes in one song with a certain bpm (or changed bpm it really doesnt matter now), those progressions with that Vocals... when Kendrick comes in... pffff thats craziness!!

The ending of Kites really shows what its all about...

1. Melody - sample of that Spanish phrase sampled out of somhere lol
      1.2 The Arrangement to the melody with that ethnic drum kit layered under the Spanish language sample (who has korg prolly understands me) lol
    2. The Arrangement to the previous already built patterns with that simple melody (dont know how to call that instrument) but it goes next like:
      poo-poom/ poom/ poo-poo-pooom/ poo-poom/ pee-peeem..... and so on lol
    3. Drum Arrangement
    4. Bass Arrangement like
      Peew-poow/ poo-poow

(im not mnentioning that godlike children choir melody)

SO THE SECRET IS A

1. DOPE MELODY (can be taken out of anything)

2. Make sure you make your listener forget where was that snare or kick in previous 4 bars and do it at least 8 times or 16..

Tip: remember that you can always divide every piece of sound at least twice or more till infinity!! the variety of how you can do it is playing a huge role too

so keep in mind that you will have to diversify your pattern, and finish it to complete the feel of melody while bpms are ticking :D

Then its all about the feeling and each bar you need to operate to see what has been working out!!

1. Arrange every next pattern in a way so they could conjunct with each other (no matter what pattern that is)

Every instrumental pattern must have a melody!! that works well with the other patterns and your job is to put it in the way so listener can enjoy your programming, neither get tired of the compexity nor to get annoyed of the repetetiveness of they way you programmed your stuff

you kinda underline an ACCENT on what you want!! Thats very important to understand!!

And the most things i like about tunes,
    is like they playing with your ears and mind when taking out/changing the progression of some sound in a pattern when you sorta expect it whether its a snare or a chord or a kick, that's all about the programming your sequencer (i mean look at every other song made not by the neptunes) and you will feel me (in case you don't)

What really stops me is the way my shit works and what i have to go through to i.e. sample or include one sound i want to my sequencer, i need someone who is technically acknowledged how to make things happen faster
    so you can concentrate on idea rather than technically looking for that thing to operate with that other thing in your sequencer and its just a small piece i described..

I mean if tunes were doctors and made an eye surgery for their patient they got it all right and all the stuff they need to operate with - is in the right place and everything is organized and plugged in a way so that you can conveniently lay your ideas.

And me, im trying to make an eye surgery too, but via butt hole :/

if you really have a patience to build it up till the end (its a huge work though) you realize how easy it really is!!

thanks for the support fam!! i hope we all reach this freedom someday, and everything will become clear at once but you have to get there on your own!

This N_E.R.D. album is fucking answer to many things!! im not sure if anyone else feels me, but musically it is more simple in a way how sounds are combined and how the patterns positioned!! In way of Panning, Programming, Mixing, Mastering!! Everything should be felt like its all in the same pocket than you get your own "sound"

• i will probably get banned for the previous post, and if not than i promise ill keep myself quiet for a long period of time :D

Looks like your connection to N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.