N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017)

• @Playahater said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

Can someone upload a version of Lemon Remix with just drakes verse?? Everything else cut out? Thanks

YO LINK UP DADDY DRAKE DA GOD BOI YOU ALREADY KNOW, 6 GOD OVO SEASON POUR SOME CHAMPAGNE ON THIS DICK PAPI

• Admin

@Playahater said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

Can someone upload a version of Lemon Remix with just drakes verse?? Everything else cut out? Thanks

:D

• just checked the calendar and somehow its now been a full year since this shit came out?
    has anybody opinions changed ? cuz mine definitely have,
    I really thought I liked this album at first but as the year went on I just played it less and less and realized I just liked the idea of a new N.E.R.D album rather than the shit on the actual album

big issue I have with it now is even tho I loved lemon when it first came out, the way they tried shoving it down everyones throats with the dance challenge was fucking awful, and makes me never want to play it again, but what really put the nail in the coffin for me was going to the tour 2 times and having to see them perform an encore of lemon rather than literally any other song in their discography .

another issue I have with this fucking album is how fucking boring and pointless the future verse on 1000 is.

lifting u is just as bad as the album cover.

the sample on kites that sounds like Mario screaming makes me want to jump out a window.

I still do like Don't do it, lightning fire, and most importantly rollinem 7s but the rest has honestly turned just eh for me

also tbh looking back at it theirs a bit too much shit about politics in this album, I don't like trump as much as the next but I have just heard too many political songs recently and I just really feel over it

but that "do they know these girls are in your room" line by shae is fucking amazing

I think I went on a bit too long here but did anybody elses opinion somewhat change over the past year or is it just me?

• I still rank this album above “Nothing” but that’s about it. I think most of us were hoping it would sound more like Deep Down Body thirst but that unfortunately wasn’t the case. I never hated it, but yeah songs like Lifting You and Secret life of Tigers are maybe some of the worst songs ever associated with the band.

• Staff

Yuh my opinion totally changed. I hated this album in the run up and when it was released. But now I really like it. I put it above Seeing Sounds and Nothing. I’ve never heard anything like this album.

Also I saw it listed as New-Wave/Post punk in a few record stores and that really changed the way I listened to the album. I can hear those influences now.

I still think the lemon dance challenge was trash and so were the music videos.

Also, the fact it has four songs with Native American influences (lightning fire magic prayer, ESP, Rollin Em 7’s, Kites) is really innovative and interesting to me. I love that and I feel like not many people appreciated or noticed those things.

• I listen to this album everyday!! No words to describe what sense I keep discovering in lyrics!! This is their dopest stuff!! And no other project by far has my deeper attention!

• This album is joint first with in search of fly or die and seeing sounds.

"Mad ethnic right now"

Then those subs

My mind constantly gets blown

1000 is the one that a year later has grown on me massively. I just wish they had proper videos with all 3 in the video.

Kites should've had a video shot when p was out in India at that holi festival. Would've been dope using all those vibrant colours

Don't don't do it also could've been a hit if they shot a video for that too

• i havent played it at all since i saw them live this summer, which was cool.
    Voila, dont dont do it and deep down are the only songs i would listen to again at this point. I guess i'd rank the album the same or a bit better than Nothing

• Ayyye. I thought I was the only one who would notice/remember. But I love the album (sans Lifting You). DDBT, DDDI, Voila, kites, 1000, roll7 and SLOT are all on my gym playlist. Crazy that it’s been a year already.

• I haven’t listened much since the Summer shows, but given its back in the season I most associate it with I’ve been meaning to revisit. I think it’s a vital and distinctive entry in their catalogue and I rate it highly.

I’ve got an Ultimate Edition with the @Mika edits and some of the despicable me/spongebob tracks thrown in which plays nicely (I think that Global Citizen track would fit right in too... I might add it).

I’m still waiting to go back to Japan and listen to it there, for some reason i think it would sound amazing/elevated in that environment.

Wasn’t keen on most of the aesthetic of the era, esp. the videos (though I did buy some of the adidas stuff) - that’s the area which could have been stronger - but musically it’s really up there for me, maybe no. 2 behind ISO now

• i have the same feelings i had a year ago.

• Staff

@superjdoug when I was in japan I noticed that they emphasised “secret life of tigers” in record stores. They added a sticker on the front, and a different track list label on the back to highlight that it feat. Billy Idol (which it does, but not noticeably). Again, that gave that song a diff spin once I realised it was made in and for Japan

• I still listen everyday 🖖🏽🧠

• @Mavis said in N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017):

@superjdoug when I was in japan I noticed that they emphasised “secret life of tigers” in record stores. They added a sticker on the front, and a different track list label on the back to highlight that it feat. Billy Idol (which it does, but not noticeably). Again, that gave that song a diff spin once I realised it was made in and for Japan

Yea. That’s how it makes me feel when I heard it

• @Mavis wow I didn’t know that, that’s awesome! I’ve gone on and on about it, but the Tokyo vibe is so present on this project for me - which is kind of an odd mix with the Native American influences and US political undertones

• Also i dont know if its just me, but i cant stop picturing that shitty album cover when i listen to the album, i think that cover alone detracts some of my feelings towards the album. If they had just made a dope cover I think i would have enjoyed it more, instead of being distracted by how shit the one they chose is. I know it sounds kinda petty or whatever the word is, as the cover shouldn't affect how i listen to the music, but i really think it makes a small difference in my overall enjoyment at least =)

• @MortenMars nah I totally feel u dude, the cover art on this thing was always a bad decision.

• Some rumors :

https://mtonews.com/pharrell-gets-in-argument-looks-ready-to-snap

"The man was seen talking sternly to Pharrell and pointing his finger in Pharrell's face. Pharrell tried his best to keep his composure. But the look on his face, and his body language suggested that Pharrell was ready to SNAP.

Pharrell is working on putting together a 2019 world tour - with Live Nation. The multi-platinum artist hasn't been on an official tour for nearly a year.

There are reports that Pharrell is trying to put together a N.E.R.D tour - with his former partner Chad Hugo."

• @nerd0016 I didn't see snap, but those are some good reports to hear. Wonder what countries they're hitting up

• Staff

Mannnn I already saw them 3 times this year and I’m ready to go 13533557 more times next year. Heard these tour rumours since July last year so I hope it’s finally true

Looks like your connection to N*E*R*D - No_One Ever Really Dies (2017) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.