Something that I've noticed...

• Ever since Pharrell put out G I R L, a lot of people don't really fuck with him anymore. I remember a thread in here not too recently where Tyler said that a lot of people find him annoying now and don't like his music. And I see on all these other websites that people call him trash and stuff. How do you guys feel? Is it just him talking about shit he doesn't know too much, or something else that could've changed people's view of him?

• Its whatever, I still like him, I don't really care who else likes/hates him

There's nothing wrong with hating him either, I hate a lot of shit, its all opinions tbh

• I agree @Spock. But I think that whole new black conversation he had might have rubbed people the wrong way.. but for the most part I still think he's liked.. even from just watching the voice

• Oversaturation is never a good thing. Pharrell popped up seemingly out of nowhere and was EVERYWHERE. Literally. You couldn't turn your radio on for more than 10 mins without hearing Happy on a station. He performed at the Grammy's, Oscars, NBA All Star Game, and so many other high profile events. Then he puts out an album that gets so much promotion. Then he cried on Oprah and that was all people were talking about.

Plus he had an irritating gimmick: His annoying hat and tracksuit.

People got annoyed man. Pharrell's rennaissance made the perfect storm for people to just go "fuck this idiot he's annoying". He didn't help his cause by talking on all these complex topics like sexism, racism and feminism.

When someone gets over exposure, people naturally look for reasons to not like them. Pharrell made it VERY VERY easy. His schtick is annoying to A LOT of reasonable people.

• HIS NEW BLACK PHILOSOPHY HAS INTELLECTUALS NOT REALLY FUCKING WITH HIM
    THE PPL WHO NEVER LIKED HIM TO BEGIN WITH HAVE MORE REASONS NOT TO
    AND AT THIS POINT THE PPL WHO JUMPED ON CAUSE OF HAPPY ARE PROB ALSO A LITTLE ANNOYED TO SEE HIM, BUT OVER HIS CAREER HES ALWAYS BEEN EVERYWHERE
    AND SOME SUPER FANS KINDA JUST WANT A NEW NERD ALBUM AND (I KNOW I DO) WANT DIVERSITY IN SOUNDS.

• Staff

Yeah i noticed that some people don't like him now, but others love him and clearly he's more loved than he's ever been in his whole career - which explains why his album went number one in 30+ countries and he had 3 platinum singles, one triple platinum song and 4 number ones in just 18 months.

So, as the love increases so does the hate but it's all proportionate. I'm just happy people know who i'm talking about now.

• not just people know who I am talking about. People remember me everytime Happy plays in radio, or in tv comercials! My phone exploded on the night that The Voice new season premiered. Here in Brazil a lot of people like him now.

• Man, I still fucks with P... The Neptunes changed the game musically and fashion or just incorporated there designs in both of these cultures, as a whole and separately... fuck these haters. basically... I AGREE WITH SPOCK UP TOP.

• Yep I get text's from people whenever P is doing an interview on British TV hahah.

• im still with pharrell's vision and his outlook towards the future of music and style

• Like others have said, he gained real mainstream attention as a solo artist for the first time so there are people out there who literally only know him from the songs he's put out in 2013-2014( which is fucking crazy..but yea) so yea people have opinions and due to how popular he is you're bound to find people that despise him. As far as his interviews, sure there are cringe worthy moments but idk, not a big deal.

Looks like your connection to Something that I've noticed... was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.