THIS SONG ALWAYS REMINDS ME OF THE NEPS FOR SOME REASON

• such a bizarre little interlude for a shoegaze album haha. always makes me think of the neps but idk why

• yo! that part is super vibey i always run it back. I love the wall of sound mix on the album mostly.

• those strings lol

• @Tenny said:

yo! that part is super vibey i always run it back. I love the wall of sound mix on the album mostly.

hell yeah! it took me a minute to really appreciate it but now i'm in love with it! I could play Sometimes and Loom forfuckingEVER man.

@marques right, but i wonder if it's a specific song i'm forgetting haha

• i think gang gang dance sampled this. vacuum. thanks for sharing, yeah axele, dont know if its a specific song but something about the strings is definitely neptunesish

• Only Shallow is one of my favourite album openers ever. Such an amazing record, I haven't listened to it for years. Might look it out tonight.

• It definitely sounds like it could be on Wanderland or an NERD album, reminds me of the Tape You interlude from ISO--obviously with the similar strings (nsfw maybe lol)

• It sounds like one of those bad Neptunes knock-offs everyone used to do, back when no one had developed their own style yet.

• Staff

Just sounds like the stuff everyone on soundcloud/tumblr is making

• @Mavis and this is from '91 lmao

• didn't know people fucked with shoegaze here! that's crazy. i wanted to make a shoegaze thread but figured everybody's all into jazz chords and shit

Looks like your connection to THIS SONG ALWAYS REMINDS ME OF THE NEPS FOR SOME REASON was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.