I've Lost All Respect To Azealia Banks After Watching This

• Admin

fucken racist.

• She's definitely got some kind of personality disorder/mental instability. It's kind of sad to see people encouraging her weird fixation on hating whites, and paranoia.

• Pretty much saying because she's white then it's not hip hop. Her music ain't exactly hip hop in the traditional sense either. Her album is dope though

• I've lost respect for you for having any respect for her!

jk, fuck her though she's been doing this shit for years. I feel guilty for liking most of her album because she's such a fucking idiot.

• is that directed at me? I think you misunderstood. I don't have respect for what she said in that interview. completely idiotic. but I do like her album.

• Staff

This is ollllllld. I like what she said in that interview. It was good and she made a point well (though went off topic at some points).

The only issue is - is it really that serious? nah doggy. Does anyone really take iggy serious? nah.

Azealia is diagnosed bipolar disorder too, so she swings in extremes.

• @sandow nah it was for Mika and the topic heading but I'm just playinggg mannn :)

• Yeah I've seen this.
    Basically, she's bitter that her career is going the wrong direction, and instead of blaming herself for her shitty attitude ruining her career - we've seen how she went HAM on Pharrell - she's blaming everyone and everything else.

• I agree with some shit she said, but a lot in there is dumb. And it is kinda racist! She have a LOT to grow up

• She's like the new M.I.A. She makes a lot of good points and then undermines them by saying some stupid shit. Her homophobic chat this week has been really depressing.

• Staff

It annoys me that people dismiss her as being "bitter". You can criticise things without being bitter. It doesn't devalue your point because you aren't a pop star.

• I can agree on certain aspects of what she has to say but her delivery is HORRIBLE. On another note she has had personal beef with Iggy coming way back when they were either dating or f#cking an A$AP Mob member.

• She makes some very good points. People need to open up their eyes to the music industry and stop being so naive. Iggy is always going to sell more than banks due to her colour this is fact it's not even disputed. Azealia banks album was one of the best of 2014 yet I almost didn't listen to it due to her bad image and because not much fuss was made over it as iggys garbage album. It was from @Mavis recommendation that I listened and I was shocked that such a sick album had been ignored

• pretty much what jrcd and mavis said
    i dont find too much fault in what shes saying except its very obvious shes kinda just discovering these things and coming to terms. hopefully she calms down and balances out.

• First time I'm seeing Mika call somebody a racist, it's a black woman? Ha. By the way, Pharrell said he's "new black" and called Mike Brown a bully. You cool with that?

• @jrcd30000 said:

She makes some very good points. People need to open up their eyes to the music industry and stop being so naive. Iggy is always going to sell more than banks due to her colour this is fact it's not even disputed. Azealia banks album was one of the best of 2014 yet I almost didn't listen to it due to her bad image and because not much fuss was made over it as iggys garbage album. It was from @Mavis recommendation that I listened and I was shocked that such a sick album had been ignored

I believe that Iggy sell more records than Azealia because Iggy is bubble gum rap, and just border line lazy dumb music - you know, the things teens really are into. Iggy is a product, and it annoys me that she's putting on the accent on her voice when she raps - when she in fact can sound perfectly "white" (bad choice of word, but you understand what I mean) when she wants to.
    But I do agree with you, if Azealia and Iggy had the exact same songs then Iggy would most likely sell more than Azealia because of her skin tone, because she can cater to a major demographic of "white trash" - or whatever the fuck it's called - teenagers who want to be like her.

@Mavis said:

It annoys me that people dismiss her as being "bitter". You can criticise things without being bitter. It doesn't devalue your point because you aren't a pop star.

For me it's lose lose situation with her.
    She has absolutely no control of herself, she acts like a crazy and childish person (reminds of me Kanye).
    Of course you can criticize things - but it's just so incredibly hard to take her serious because of the way she acts and just presents herself.
    It's like the boy who cried wolf; you hear so much bullshit that you end up not taking the person seriously.
    But I do think she's bitter that people aren't as much into her music as she is - but so should everyone be who aren't making music for the radio.

• Azealia fucked up her own dream and career. She released 212 and became an overnight sensation and signed a major label deal with Interscope at the age of 19, after her first deal with XL Recordings fell through on her own accord, off that 1 song alone. She lied to the label by saying she had an albums worth of material ready, which she backtracked later and said she had none. Did the major festival circuit including Coachella, Governors Ball, Glastonbury, Leeds, etc so exposure was never an issue. Worked with Lady Gaga and Beyonce, proceeded to talk shit about them when the collaborations fell through. Which is an ongoing trait that she seems to have. Her music is INCREDIBLE, but that's not always enough to get you by to become successful. She needs to humble herself because she was given many opportunities but her overtly opinionated mouth piece kept getting into the way. If somebody calls me a cunt I'm sure as hell not going to check out anything else from them.

• It's one of those situations where, if you have problems with everyone you work with...it's probably you who's the cunt - not everyone else.

• If she would listen to the advise of the interviewer (Ebro?) she would have been an amazing person

• I wouldn't trust Ebro or Rosenberg either.

• @bigmac2098 said:

I wouldn't trust Ebro or Rosenberg either.

i dont trust those dudes at all
    but i do think she needs to settle down. everything that comes to mind doesnt need to be said. like with atm jam and she was basically like fuck pharrell like she didnt botch that release and then shoot that horrible ass video. like...thats not really Ps fault. did P talk about that song like he did other songs like spark the lighter? idk prolly not but no need to burn that bridge and potentially never work with these ppl again. just my 2 cents though

Looks like your connection to I've Lost All Respect To Azealia Banks After Watching This was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.