WORLDS apart- Kanye West & Pharrell @ Grammys

• Hi all,

last night was pretty revealing how a musician on his peak deals with pressure.While P was relaxed, and in the moment of triumph max down to earth, Kanye went over the top.
    Cliche after cliche, poses ( performance with Paul McCartney-which himself felt uncomfortable ) and the disrespect for Beck, first at the award itself (Prince could only roll his eyes), then at the short clip afterwards (with his silly wifey looking so up to him)
    Pharrells education, mindset and background goes so much deeper.
    It will be hard in the future for those guys to collaborate.

• I don't really agree with this, Kanye hasn't changed as much as people would like to think. He's just more famous now than he's ever been. I really hope Pharrell and Kanye can work on something together again though. I need it to happen.

• I love P as much as the next guy otherwise I wouldn't be a die hard Neptunes fan but P's goody two shoes trying to sound educate at all times overhumbled persona is really irritating.

• The key issue-
    where You wanna go when You had it all? Grow up or poseur ? He went political relevant, while Kanye froze in oldschool.Pharrells value will unfold over the next days.

• Pharrell just praised him the other day during the Twitter Q&A
    http://p.fod4.com/p/media/5c597eb60b/aAuBT9tWRw6BWzd3g1kO_Confused Ryan Office.gif

• The difference between P and Ye.

P has always been intellectual. I think He purposefully progressed in the public eye and has a team to ensure he does so. He tries to nurture his general public image while doing what he loves and trying to make good music. He respects other artists and continues to be a student in the game. He's Humble.

Ye is just as intellectual and talented. I think he just constantly feels he has something to prove..and when people don't agree with him, he just blows up or gets worse. He does not care what people think....which can be a good quality but it comes to a fault when he disrespects people on national T.V and radio.

• @mr_novalike said:

The difference between P and Ye.
    Ye is just as intellectual and talented. I think he just constantly feels he has something to prove..and when people don't agree with him, he just blows up or gets worse. He does not care what people think....which can be a good quality but it comes to a fault when he disrespects people on national T.V and radio.

Absolutely agree.
    I doubt the same intellectual level a bit.Ye has rich creative talent, but in some ways completely unreflected.Hyper sensitivity should allow him to step besides himself and take everything a bit easier, which is not the case at all.
    This guy has absolutely no humor.Everything is big drama, and sometime he reminds me of a black Charly Sheen ( anger management).
    It´s exactly this lack which will prevent him to progress in the end.He already failed.The Adidas collection is way worse than what he did with Nike let alone P´s adidas tandem.

• Haven't listened to Kanye since 2009.

• lol
    I think kanye is definitely the same or more intellectual than P...i mean...his interviews and work kinda shows that to me. like...i honestly would prolly take something kanye says slightly more serious than pharrell its just kanyes delivery and emotional passion takes it a bit far (sometimes too far) to like..azealia banks level lol..even though both of them are a bit goofy nowadays when it comes to politics and such. kanye now just seems super concerned with the fashion industry and the corporate world and pharrell is more concerned with everybody getting along and peace.

im pretty sure they still work together and are still cool or whatever

• I'm proud to say I didn't know what kim kardashian looked like and realized later she was not there to interview Kanye... Shit was way too awkward!

• Now look who BECK thanks FIRST before hitting the stage- another nail in the coffin:

• Admin

lmaoooo
    enhanced-11545-1423511413-22.png

enhanced-25974-1423509875-24.png

• Admin

""""TRUESSST""" SHIIIEET 50 EVER SAID WOW

• @Mika agreed, very level headed answer

• Damn near everything 50 Cent says is facts. That guy is still awesome.

I still love Kanye though man. That passion shows till this day and that's a guy that has done damn near everything that can be done in hip-hop. Like on the Big Sean record with Drake, he came in and the first thing he said "And the truth keeps niggas traumatized!" That man has put out so many good records, his own or for other people. The man turned around Common's career, gave Pusha the stage, gave us John legend and in the process created a catalog of music that shaped the foundation of the culture and has influenced pretty much every hip-hop artist to come out in the past what 6-7 years. Outside of something catastrophic he will be forever good in my book.

• GREAT find Mika.
    50cent is taking the Tyson route.More relaxed and wise every day.And humble.
    The hardest thing to achieve in Music/Arts (and HipHop in particular) is maybe to stay relevant in a much more generally aggressive world without surrendering to the general subtone.This is where Pharrell prevailed.
    It´s too easy to front all the time.

• Admin

• Admin

• @Mika said:

lmaoooo
    enhanced-11545-1423511413-22.png

enhanced-25974-1423509875-24.png

Number of writers on this:

Does that make it great?

• I think Ye is just fine. He's staying relevant, which is kind of the most important key to what you want to do. Basically, everyone is always going to be paying attention to what he's doing (Yezzy Boost, DONDA, new Album produced w/ Paul McCartney) whether consciously or subconsciously. The people wanting something HOT DOPE & DIFFERENT. And the people who want to see what crazy shit he's done, now. -- like people want the OLDDD Ye back really bad, and I'm one of those people too at times. But guys like P and Ye, they've got this foresight -- on how to control shit in the future and upcoming years, to remain iconic.

Sometimes he does seem weird, talking weird, or "Calm down Ye, not everyone is going to understand you because you're not for everyone to understand" -- but I think people like him and P, will always create in some respect. The rapport will always be there, just due to their respect for one another's art.

Looks like your connection to WORLDS apart- Kanye West & Pharrell @ Grammys was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.