The most Neptunish songs of late.

• Heard G' Shit on the Radio yesterday and thought to myself....this is a very old school Nepts sounding track...it made me wonder if Chad was involved at all. It also made me wonder what other songs are out that have that classic neps feel to it. I know the New N.E.R.D. does but just trying wrap my brain around it.

• one song for me that really has that old neptunes feel is gush, probably cuz it was made in 2004. chad probably had a hand in it even if he wasn't credited. since g shit has that old sound it wouldn't surprise me if it was made 5+ years ago.

another song that kinda has an old neptunes sound for me is nelly/mike posner - idgaf. that song gives me like a 2008 vibe. i'd also throw that kylie minoque song into the mix as well. it sounds like the madonna stuff from 2006.

• guerilla has a very 2004 ish sound to it , back when chad and p were messing around with drum patterns

• Staff

Gush isn't from 2004. Whoever said that lied. It's from IMM era.

Freq is the most neptunes thing in a while. Hunter. Rooting for my baby. Higher.

• @Mavis said:

Gush isn't from 2004. Whoever said that lied. It's from IMM era.

Freq is the most neptunes thing in a while. Hunter. Rooting for my baby. Higher.

the music or the lyrics? lyrically I can see it being on IMM especially with the light your ass on fire lines

• GUSH is very IMM era

Hunter does sound like a mystikal song
    and Rooting sounds like a remix they would have done in 02 for some random song

• Staff

@BabyMilo said:

GUSH is very IMM era

Hunter does sound like a mystikal song
    and Rooting sounds like a remix they would have done in 02 for some random song

Remember in 01/02 they signed some country artist (was her name Kelly Levesque?) and P said they were about to take over country music?

I always imagine that Rooting was part of that project. Dunno though i'm just guessing.

• Even though it came out in 2013 I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Get like Me"

• "Hunter" in my opinion has the most nostalgic Neptune sound & feel, as of recent songs. But I imagine all the G I R L songs were already things that were done around IMM, or shortly after -- or shit he was doing in the in-between years after IMM with a sprinkle of some new tracks, as well.

Looks like your connection to The most Neptunish songs of late. was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.