Snoop Dogg - Bush (2015)

• Aww man, the Bush has wilted - someone water this thing, it's decent!

• The problem with this album from a business perspective is theres no target audience. Doesn't attract rap fans, doesn't attract people who grew up during the funk era because at the end of the dAy it's a Snoop record. It doesn't attract pop fans because there's no single that's fit for top 40. It really only attracted people who are pharrell fans and snoop fans. And out of those maybe like 1% actually bothered to buy the album. Nothing about this album went viral because the videos were all generic and forgettable.

They should have made at least a couple of top 40 songs and maybe a really cool concept video that could trend on social media. Young people buy records. You can't attract young folks with Stevie wonder playing the harmonica.

I get that this is the type of album that snoop and pharrell have always wanted to make but the poor sales should surprise no one.

• Staff

^no target audience? It's a pop album it's for everyone. They should have just been up front with that and not hyped up the release for nearly a year beforehand. By the time it came out everyone was bored

• Sure the whole world is the target audience I suppose. But in reality not many people find interest in the album

That uptown funk album got way more interest than this. Just because of a popular single and cool video.

• why does there have to be a target audience? why cant you just put out something you created? i feel as if the problem with alot of things is that people wont just let something be, it has to match or be compared to something else. why make a song spicific for the top 40 or rap fans? is that to be comfy and make sure their satisfied? im actually curious because this is when people start fucking with peoples art and natural intentions to just create, you sound like the dudes at record labels that people like Lupe fiasco hate haha

• you're right .. good music is good music. Everyone in this forum that hasn't already should go out and buy & support this project because it will make it possible for more music like this to get released.

I bought this album on the first day it came out in stores because I want to hear more Pharrell music and Executive Produced albums.

We as fans have to $upport if we want that to happen again as compared to getting the 1 song on an album every so often.

Not sure if people are realizing that this album is a Snoop /Pharrell/Neptunes project top to bottom and that's what the true fans always wanted to hear.

• also, u said from a buisness perspective, sorry for sounding like a dick. but overall is what i was trying to get across, for music that is

• @BabyMilo your post is interesting. I always wonder about artists making or changing their music purely to pander to the mainstream. I always thought artists had no choice in the matter as their labels force them but the impression you give is that you have creative freedom to release what you want. Is this correct?

if so this indicates that when artists tow the line and pander to the mainstream that they do it just for personal wealth and popularity which stinks to be honest.

• with all that u guys said, I add that the album is boring lol
    it has 10 tracks and sound like it has 6
    Songs that come after another sounds like the interlude of the one before.
    The first 3 tracks are dope but then the album put you to sleep.
    And I think we, as fan of the Neptunes x Snoop sounds, like it more than anyone else that heard this. Cause, we're fans...

• Not gonna lie, I like MOSt of the album. Agree with the post above that noticed it sounds like a giant interlude because all the songs sound too similar.

But it's still a dope album and I bought it on iTunes.

I was just saying from a sales perspective this album was a fail. Obviously from a creative perspective this album is a success.

• @jrcd30000 yes, see, i guess im a lucky one. i have 100 percent creative control. from what song i put out to what date i put to every single thing. i mean i cant imagine having a boss or someone telling me what to do and how to handle my stuff, but unfortunately there are some artist who dont have that control. thats why u have artist with random features that include the most pooping rapper or producer, to draw people in. thats why one year an artist will dress a certain way that is the new wave or style, thats why they would use certain slang, thats why certain hooks and blah blah, u get the message. thats because 78 percent of these artist lack identity, and end the end the need to make money right? so what do they do? emulate whatever is going to work at the time. thats why all these songs sound the same nowdays, because its a formula that works and for some reason the people that are in the position to put music out are scared. so i applaud snoop, p, even kendrick, ye, i mean we all know who the guys are who just do them with out caring what the masses will think. i wish we had more of that. imagine if The Game never switched to everyone elses style that was hot at the moment? what if every rap song didnt have someone shouting some future esq hook? what if niggas just put their honest intrest on a song?!!! it would sooo much cool shit going on. but because of fear a something not working from the artist and the label, they resort that.

• excuse my dumb typos

• I don't think record sales means that much these days. It would be interesting to look at the streaming numbers, also I'm pretty sure Snoop can easily tour in sold-out venues as well...

• My 2 favourite albums this year are easily Bush and Cherry Bomb. Been on repeat on my iPod for weeks now. I guess it is because they are different and fresh compared to the shit we hear on the radio these days. Been listening to hip hop-rap since the early 90's so when I here rubbish like Florida or Pitbull it really does piss me off!!!!

• @sylk Record sales factor in streams since the end of last year, it no longer accounts for physical purchases only.
    Ten digital single sales (i.e 10 people buying Peaches N Cream) count as 1 album sale and 1500 single song streams count as 1 album sale.

An example of this at work would be Kendrick (who broke the stream record with 9.6 million plays in a day) his first week sales for TPAB were 318,988 physical sales with the number increasing to 355,372 with streams included.

So yeah... streams for this album would've been very low too unfortunately.

• @BabyMilo said:

@jrcd30000 yes, see, i guess im a lucky one. i have 100 percent creative control. from what song i put out to what date i put to every single thing. i mean i cant imagine having a boss or someone telling me what to do and how to handle my stuff, but unfortunately there are some artist who dont have that control. thats why u have artist with random features that include the most pooping rapper or producer, to draw people in. thats why one year an artist will dress a certain way that is the new wave or style, thats why they would use certain slang, thats why certain hooks and blah blah, u get the message. thats because 78 percent of these artist lack identity, and end the end the need to make money right? so what do they do? emulate whatever is going to work at the time. thats why all these songs sound the same nowdays, because its a formula that works and for some reason the people that are in the position to put music out are scared. so i applaud snoop, p, even kendrick, ye, i mean we all know who the guys are who just do them with out caring what the masses will think. i wish we had more of that. imagine if The Game never switched to everyone elses style that was hot at the moment? what if every rap song didnt have someone shouting some future esq hook? what if niggas just put their honest intrest on a song?!!! it would sooo much cool shit going on. but because of fear a something not working from the artist and the label, they resort that.

I just read this and look to Usher and makes me so sad. That guy is an awesome artist! Can we all agree with that, right? But he is also that type of artist. After Confessions this guy have no music identity!
    What BabyMilo said is something we all know, but have to be said time to time! Thanx, man =\

• At the end of the day this album is special because it was one of the few times we got a Pharrell/neptunes produced album that was promised to us and actually happened. I know we all remember when Game said the Red album was going to be all P and it never came to fruition. Hahah I even remember him getting a Star trak tattoo during that time.

• Brah I so badly want usher to put out some legit R&B fire. I Don't Mind was a good start but I just know his whole album is gonna be edm type shit.

• @3000 Thanks for the info! I've heard about it but did not know it was already effective... That's sad then, It's a great album to me.. Who would have predict these sales? I mean it's a Snoop album entirely produced by Pharrell (probably at the pinaccle of his career). He also came with one the best videos he ever made (So many pros...), Stevie wonder, live on The Voice... What else do you need?! I don't listen to the radio but maybe it was lacking a heavy rotation single, I don't know....

• Admin

lmaoooo

Looks like your connection to Snoop Dogg - Bush (2015) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.