Pharrell Williams - Hunter = Diana Ross - Upside Down

• I know old as fak, but another Neptunes "inspiration" I ran up on it checking some old Nile Rodgers productions.

• Staff

Soooo late

• Ahhh thank you!
    Fucking 'Hunter', I knew I had heard that before but couldn't place it - I can go to my final rest in peace now.

• I don't think Pharrell consciously copies these songs, but he's obviously grown up with this stuff so it's in the back of his mind when producing. If I could ask P a question, it would be how do you produce music without letting existing songs get in the way.

• I dont know who downvoted Mavis, but it is late. He pointed this out when someone posted the video of Hunter acoustic.

• This is actually a pretty good mix

• i feel like people only make videos like this to go at p and not because its interesting what inspired him =/

• @davidc said:

I don't think Pharrell consciously copies these songs, but he's obviously grown up with this stuff so it's in the back of his mind when producing. If I could ask P a question, it would be how do you produce music without letting existing songs get in the way.

I want to believe that too, but I wish we could resurrect that old thread we had on the previous board where we had at least 3-4 pages of rip offs/inspiration/whatever from Pharrell. Not trying to go all "boho" and place him a corner for a time out, but you know, a lot of rip-offs are so obvious that it's mind blowing that he could get away with it.

• Honestly, outside the Geggy Tah shit, none of these so called similarities ever sound remotely close. They're all reaches as far as I'm concerned.

Looks like your connection to Pharrell Williams - Hunter = Diana Ross - Upside Down was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.