Kenna's 'Songs For Flight' Thread

• I've never liked his voice. Never. No matter how much I tried.

I've always loved his message, though, but in all honesty, I was only ever interested in Chad's production.

I hope he does well though, he has a really great message (as said above).

• He's always struck me as pretentious and kind of "holier than thou" with his message and music. He's probably one of those people that thinks "music these days isn't real music unless it's some super obscure indie band with 10 listens on SoundCloud"

Never got into his stuff mainly because of that.

• Kenna's music is quite magical. Baptized In Blacklight, Rockaway Life, Vexed and Glorious, Karma is Coming... Uhhhh I NEED MORE!!!

• Staff

@Playahater said:

He's always struck me as pretentious and kind of "holier than thou" with his message and music. He's probably one of those people that thinks "music these days isn't real music unless it's some super obscure indie band with 10 listens on SoundCloud"

Never got into his stuff mainly because of that.

Nah that's not true at all. I mean, his favourite band is U2, he was signed by Fred Durst, The Neptunes & Steve Aoki and worked with Justin Timberlake and Ashlee Simpson etc.

He's definitely not a music snob,'

• i don't know why this is making me lol tho. I think it's because i just want to hear the music. He is putting a LOT in to promoting this project...which i guess is a good thing and needs to happen for this to come together.

• @mr_novalike i get like weekly facebook notifications on my phone that kenna is broadcasting live and his facebook posts are coming up as sponsored posts in my news feed. its really just making me more and more annoyed with this project. at this point i don't even know what he is promoting anymore. wasn't he trying to raise money a few weeks back? was it for this album or for some other project? i think that is the point when i lost all interest.

i mean, i still think he could end up making a solid song or 2 if/when he ends up releasing them (probably in 5 or 10 years), but since chad/p most likely won't be a part of it, i don't even care when it comes out at this point. part of me thinks hes just trying to raise money to feed that white chick's heroin addiction that appears in his fb videos

• Im actually pretty stoked for this project

• I wonder what the headcount is for Kenna fans at this point. Probably 1000 max in the world ? Surely can't be more than that. That's a generous guess.

• I'm kinda like... if you need all the money you can to help make this project/idea a success, maybe flying to Tokyo for a spirit walk at Mount Fuji isn't the most cost effective plan of action...

I think he wants people to either buy into his vision or align their world view with his. Which is a cool concept and is interesting... But it's agonizing to his cult following because it's almost a tease after waiting so long already. Then the fact that chads not involved is a turn off to nep fans...and that might be half the fan base...

• Staff

I just got off the phone with Kenna and its helped me understand this project a little more. It's gonna be dope - i think it'll take time, but he's definitely on to a good thing.

We just need to support him and trust his vision. i've never heard someone speak so passionately about something before.

• @Mavis said:

I just got off the phone with Kenna and its helped me understand this project a little more. It's gonna be dope - i think it'll take time, but he's definitely on to a good thing.

We just need to support him and trust his vision. i've never heard someone speak so passionately about something before.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Staff

So, i'm gonna do a little survey b/c i'm trying to help Kenna gain more understanding of the way he's perceived. we know more about Kenna than probably anyone outside of this forum.

Those of you who like Kenna - what is it you like about him? and what do you want more of? what were your favourite kenna moments/songs

Those of you who also dislike things about Kenna. Why? what are the reasons?
    Too mysterious? don't like music? can't connect with him?

What would you change about Kenna to make him more appealing?

And what about this songs for flight project? what's your opinion of it? and what do you want from it?

These questions might seem a little corny. But i'm trying to help Kenna understand certain things that he can work on to help this project take off... everyones feedback would be great! i'll pass it all on to him.

• @Mavis said:

Those of you who like Kenna - what is it you like about him? and what do you want more of? what were your favourite kenna moments/songs

Too mysterious? don’t like music? can’t connect with him?

And what about this songs for flight project? what’s your opinion of it? and what do you want from it?

I like his music about him. I would like to hear more NSC and MSTSMF type stuff. MSTSMF is why I got into Kenna whereafter I learned about NSC which I enjoyed a lot too. I loved some package I got including a jacket that got stolen from me.

Only how things were promised and never came due to a hard drive crash? I can not remember it exactly but the disappointment was big enough not to care about Kenna so much anymore.

Start making music instead of all the unnecessary 'trying-to-build-hype' video's floating around now...

And what about this songs for flight project? what’s your opinion of it? and what do you want from it?
    I don't really care for it anymore or at least I am not as hyped as I was buying that Chaos and Darkness package #3. I'll have an opinion as soon as it releases.

• @Mavis said:

I love how unapologetically different NSC was when it came out, How he wasnt afraid to evoke emotion in his music. to me NSC was always a very emotional record and I loved it. MSTSMF was different from NSC and he showed he wasnt boxed in. Though I felt like he kinda neglected NSC ever existing when MSTSMF came out, I enjoyed that album and I like the diversity on the record. from baptized in black light to daylight to face the gun he covered alot with that album. I want more of that honesty and unapologetic nature, I do want a chad hugo collaboration, and that emotion. I'd like records like face the gun that speak political matters which he also had on the ep series. I just want kenna to be himself.

My favorite moment was two fold. When I first heard NSC Vexed and Glorious, sunday after you, hell bent, love/hate sensation my favorite tracks. when I heard out of control in the psp commercial...that was amazing, then the snippet with day light..that build up and drop. better wise up, wide awake, the emotion and melodies.

• Oh so we paying to send Aaron to Japan too!?

Oh hell nawwwww

• If I say nice things can I get recruited for the street team world tour as well? :P

But on a serious note - I bought NSC and MSTSMF because they were Neptune's affiliated projects. I then appreciated them more because Kenna is a very different vessel to hear their music through. Original and unique. I was one of the few who liked the new record he did with Danja - but again it was hearing Danja through a different lens. The common theme here is music though - and bottom line is, if you want more support JUST RELEASE SOME MORE MUSIC!!! He doesn't need a think tank to cook up this genius plan - @Mavis it might be time for some tough love. Good luck!

• I care about Chad Hugo producing songs. That's about it.

• Admin

• Staff

Hey, thanks everyone for the answers! That was dope, and kind of confirmed a few thing i was thinking - People just care about the music.

I'll use all of your opinions and views to back up a few points when we next speak.

Also, check out that video, i love the way it was shot (just the kenna parts).

Haha @3000 i wish I was

Looks like your connection to Kenna's 'Songs For Flight' Thread was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.